The two-bucket method of washing a car is a popular technique used to prevent scratches and swirl marks on the car’s surface. It involves using two buckets – one for the soapy water and the other for rinsing. For best results use a Grit Guard and selected Meguiar’s products.
Here’s how to wash your car using this method:
- Fill two buckets with water and add the appropriate Meguiar’s car wash product to one of the buckets following the instructions on the bottle. For example:
- Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax with Grit Guard in the other bucket.
2. Place a Grit Guard in the bottom of the second bucket.
3. Rinse your car with a hose or pressure washer to remove loose dirt and debris.
5. After washing each section, rinse your mitt in the clean water bucket, and rub it against the Grit Guard at the bottom of the bucket to dislodge any dirt and debris that has accumulated.
6. Return your mitt to the soapy water bucket and repeat the process for the next section of the car.
- For stubborn areas that require extra cleaning, use the appropriate Meguiar’s product such as Meguiar’s Heavy Duty Multipurpose Cleaner which can be sprayed directly onto the affected areas such as plastic trims, rims and tires and allowed to sit for a few minutes. Then gently scrub with a wash mitt or Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush when using Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash and Wax.